A compliance coordinator acts as a liaison between a company and the regulatory agencies. Provides information to management by researching and analyzing data; preparing reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares compliance audit data by compiling internal and external information
- Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments
- Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; providing administrative assistance with projects in support of compliance auditors
- Helps others by answering questions, conducting research and responding to requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; works with licensing analysts and department leader to advise management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to conduct research and problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels of company and foster buy-in to accomplish the overall goal
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Understanding of James River division’s business practices and workflows in order to collaborate with the Licensing Analyst.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Understanding of insurance company legal operations with background as a paralegal, audit or in compliance
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to: