Select, review, model, analyze and underwrite submissions of a basic to a complex nature within the context of applying the division’s underwriting guidelines and standards. Determine the proper terms and conditions for acceptable risks including rating the account to develop the appropriate premium. Respond to brokers when particular risks do not meet underwriting guidelines and offer alternative options and cross sell other products. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the underwriting team and depending on experience level may provide assistance with referrals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Risk Selection – Analyze new business opportunities and develop renewal strategies
- Attain quote, premium and division goals as assigned
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers
- Ability to effectively and properly select, evaluate, model, determine coverage, rate, document, quote and bind accounts
- Collaborate, mentor and train other associates within the division
- Use critical thinking and problem solving skills to negotiate with brokers on placements
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to complete assignments within the parameters of instructions provided, prescribed processes and standard accepted underwriting practices
- A minimum of 3 years experience underwriting accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Successfully completed industry specific continuing education, training and/or seminars.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally including well documented underwriting files. Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet researching.
- Some travel required.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to: