James River Insurance Company does not accept submissions on an “open market” basis.
Below are some of the factors that guide our decisions when evaluating new potential appointments:
- We seek to have relatively few broker access points, but have each be significant. What “significant” means varies by region, by office and by type of appointment. At present, annual minimum production requirements per office location are $1.5 to $3 million for a general P&C appointment. Specialty division appointment production requirements are somewhat lower.
- Access to James River is authorized by division, not on a "blanket" basis.
- Appointments are made by specific office location. This does not include branch offices or similar "satellites" unless specifically authorized.
- We desire to work with offices that match up with our business model: individual risk brokerage. Generally, we do not work with offices that operate exclusively as an MGA or are primarily program or binding-authority driven. No two brokerages are the same.
- James River works primarily with wholesale brokers. However, we work with select retail brokers in our specialty divisions.
Your interest in James River is much appreciated. Please contact John Clarke at 804-289-2715 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.